Click for SSIWPA’s new Rainwater Brochure!
Rainwater is A Salt Spring Solution!
March 2020 marks the beginning of many efforts to educate all water users about ways they can contribute to water conservation for a Climate-Resilient Salt Spring Island!
Have questions about how to calculate for your system design? Check out the Rainwater Resources page
You can Tour Salt Spring Rainwater Harvesting Systems on April 26, 2020!
Please share this post with your friends!
SSIWPA is gearing up to make 2020 the year that Salt Spring Islanders of all ages and abilities learn how they can catch and store rain to help us conserve precious water during summer droughts.
Rainwater Harvesting Tour on Salt Spring Island
Saturday October 13, 2018
11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tour Map and Site Information: click on this link SSIWaterTourMap2018-Final
Details of the event:
- The 2018 Rainwater Harvesting Tour features Salt Spring Island residents who catch and use rain, in a myriad of ways, shapes and sizes for potable and non-potable uses.
- Tours will be on the hour at several locations around Salt Spring Island.
- You may proceed in any order.
- The first tours start at 11 am, and the last tours will depart at 3pm.
- Participants need to arrange their own transportation between locations, and may select any or all locations to visit.
- Hosts will provide a tour to those who arrive in time for the beginning of the tour – any arriving between tours are encouraged to wait for the next tour start time. Visitors may only stay for a single tour at any one site.
Prizes: Enter one ticket per household at any or all tour sites.
Draw will be held on Friday October 19th at 10:30 am at the Islands Trust office 1-500 Lower Ganges Road, Salt Spring Island.
- Rain barrel from Mouat’s Home Hardware
- Rain barrel and kit from Windsor Plywood (retail value just over $100)
- Five percent discount on purchase of a Premier rain storage tank from Salt Spring Water Co.
- Free rainwater collection consultation from AloPluvia.